Transit planning is going to have a major impact on the Greater Golden Horseshoe's future. By 2041, it's expected that nearly 12 million people will call the region home, and significant investments in our transportation network are needed to move these residents efficiently and conveniently. Investing in transit will decrease congestion, make commuting easier, and reduce emissions.
Our key recommendations to guide the region's transit planning include:
- Facilitating the Integration of Land Use and Infrastructure Planning
- Prioritizing Areas that have Achieved Minimum Transit-supportive densities
- Supporting Ontario's Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan
- Integrating Cycling and Walking Strategies
- Setting Measurable Targets for Service Standards
- Ensuring the Implementation of the Mobility Hub Guidelines
- Encouraging Changes in Travel Behaviour
Read the full submission here.