Thanks for signing the Greenbelt Pledge!
By taking the Greenbelt Pledge you've committed to stand up for the continued protection of the Greenbelt by publicly showing your support, eating local food, drinking local spirits and juices, enjoying its many towns, hamlets, and outdoor recreation opportunities.
You've also become a of the Greenbelt. By becoming a you've joined a group of people who celebrate and champion all that Ontario’s Greenbelt has to offer.
Being a means having access to great things to do in Ontario’s Greenbelt, getting our newsletter, and other amazing offers.
Ready to explore and champion Ontario's Greenbelt? We've got some ideas to get you started! As the world's largest protected greenbelt, there's plenty to do and see here:
- Get educated on the Coordinated Review of the Greenbelt, Oak Ridges Moraine, and Niagara Escarpment Plans, and the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe! This second phase of public consultation is expected to begin in the winter of 2016 - we'll keep you posted on all the details!
- Love buying local? Looking for the greatest in food and drink? The recently updated greenbeltfresh.ca is a quick and easy way to find fresh local food for you and your family - all grown in Ontario's protected Greenbelt! The site's comprehensive search tool and interactive map makes it easy to find farms, farmers' markets, pick-your-owns and more!
- Are you an avid cyclist? The Greenbelt Route is a 475 km signed cycling route spanning 7 Greenbelt regions. Check out Greenbelt.ca/route to start planning your cycling adventure and enjoy the lush forests, winding rivers, welcoming communities, and family farms that make up Ontario's Greenbelt.
- Prefer exploring on two-feet rather than two wheels? We've got you covered! The Greenbelt is home to Canada's largest network of hiking trails, containing more than 10,000 km of trails for you to explore. Get started on the Bruce Trail, the Oak Ridges Moraine Trail or, better yet, download our custom-made Greenbelt Walks guide!
- Finally, for events, celebrations and other Greenbelt happenings, don’t forget to check out our events calendar.
And to see what's where check out our Greenbelt Map.
Communications and Program Manager
Please complete this 10-second survey to tell us your interests, so that we can keep you up-to-date with all things Greenbelt!