Position: Digital Media Assistant #662016
Organization: Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Do you have a passion for online communications? Are you social media savvy with a keen mind for traditional and emerging online platforms? Do you excel in a friendly, quick-paced and team oriented learning environment? The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is looking for a full-time Digital Media Assistant to join the team!
Ontario’s Greenbelt is the solution for clean air, fresh water and healthy local food. At almost 2 million acres, it is the world’s largest greenbelt preserving productive farmland, forests, and wetlands from urban development.
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. TheFoundation supports work to protect and restore our natural environment, strengthen the agricultural sector, and create a pattern of urban settlement that supports the Greenbelt.
Scope of Work:
The Digital Media Assistant reports to the VP, Communications and Operations, the CEO, and other Foundation team members to:
- Assist in creating and building a culture of engagement and public support for the Greenbelt, working closely with the Senior Program and Engagement Lead and the Communications Coordinator
- Coordinate with various departments and staff to create online content and maintain a robust and up-to-date editorial calendar to ensure that all relevant content is disseminated in an intentional and effective manner
- Ensure the Foundation’s website is up-to-date, manage all social media assets, create and disseminate monthly newsletter, and respond to online inquiries from the public
- Stay up-to-date on online conversations relevant to the work of the Foundation and monitor web and social media analytics to improve online engagement and increase public support
- Adaptation and creation of graphical elements for web use
- Help with other duties in the Communications department and across other Foundation departments as required
- Manage the digital media components of various special projects and for Foundation initiatives
The successful candidate will have:
- Superior command of all major social media applications including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook
- Proficiency in coding HTML/CSS
- Experience working with an enterprise content management system, assessing and determining content, standards, and processes for website management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, specifically writing web-based content will be considered an asset
- Comfort interacting with the public
- Experience working as a team player, yet independently motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to work to deadline with strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience working in NationBuilder will be considered a strong asset
- Experience and knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) will be considered an asset
- A basic understanding of land use planning, environmental, and/or agricultural issues will be considered an asset
- A great sense of humour
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position no later than, July 4th 2016 to:
Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Subject: Digital Media Assistant Position #662016
Please note, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.