Grants Officer - Greenbelt Fund
Job ID #150301
The Greenbelt Fund, a non-profit organization, supports and enhances the viability, integrity, and sustainability of agriculture in Ontario and Ontario’s Greenbelt.
The Fund delivers support to farmers and local food leaders to ensure more of the good things that grow in Ontario are being served and distributed through our public institutions, retail, and foodservice markets. Helping to overcome challenges and support economic growth, the Fund’s goal is to create systemic change to permanently increase the amount of local food consumed in the province through grants, education, policy, and networking initiatives.
As the Grants Officer, you will work closely with the Greenbelt Fund Program Manager, and other staff to execute multiple grant rounds for two grant programs, track and report on results, and contribute to other Fund programming. Responsibilities will include outreach, grant management including performance monitoring, industry and NGO relations, and report writing.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Identify opportunities and challenges for increased local food procurement by the broader public sector (BPS), and for enhancing the capacity of small and medium sized farms and processors to access mainstream distribution systems and markets
- Proactive outreach to BPS institutions and the foodservice value chain working in collaboration with the Fund Program Manager
- Respond to enquiries about the grant programs
- Manage all administrative and budget files for the grant programs
- Proactive support to grantees as required to meet their projects’ objectives and the programs’ goals
- Organize and participate in Advisory Committee meetings
- Organize grantee meetings to encourage collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports and other reports as required
- Monitor and document the lessons learned and results of individual grant projects and the two grant programs
- Work with communications staff to generate and disseminate success stories from the grants
- Conduct all other duties as directed by the Program Manager and CEO
The ideal candidate will is a self-starter, energetic team member. More specifically we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years’ grant management experience and/or food industry experience (account management, project management, or supply chain management)
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse projects and activities simultaneously
- Strong planning, organization, and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
- Sense of humour
This is a contract position that concludes March 2018. This position will be based in Toronto or Milton, with periodic travel inside Ontario required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please include salary expectations in your application.
Please send all applications by Monday, April 13, 2015 to the attention of the vice President, Kathy Macpherson at firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to 661 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1Z9. Please include the Job ID and title in the subject line.
We will only be contacting applicants we wish to interview.