Position: Ontariofresh.ca Project Assistant
Type: 10-month, paid, full-time, internship position
Organization: Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation (www.ontariofresh.ca)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation has a 10-month internship available in the communications team to work on the Ontariofresh.ca project. We invite applications from qualified candidates by June 3, 2011.
The position will focus on the Ontariofresh.ca project - an Ontario-wide online marketplace and business-to-business website currently being developed for growers/producers and buyers. When launched, the website will be an indispensable tool for buyers and distributors to quickly and easily source local Ontario products and which in turn will help to foster greater change in the local food movement in Ontario.
Scope of Work
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Communications, the Communications Manager, the Ontariofresh.ca Project Coordinator, the President and other Foundation team members. Responsibilities include:
* Take a leadership role with ongoing outreach to growers/producers, agricultural associations, grantee partners (attendance at events and some evening/weekend work may be required)
* Conduct research to identify additional stakeholders for inclusion on Ontariofresh.ca
* Contribute to social media outreach including writing blog posts and activity on Twitter and Facebook
* Organize regular meetings with web design company and other suppliers/partners, travel (if required), etc
* Take notes during meetings and transcribe them for the project team and/or project stakeholders
* Maintain the project calendar
* Assist with activities to evaluate the success of Ontariofresh.ca (working with Director of Research)
* Provide general clerical assistance (typing, photocopying, etc) as required
* Conduct all other duties as directed by the President or the Communications Manager and Project Coordinator
The successful candidate will be a recent university graduate with:
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Outreach experience and good public communication skills
* Knowledge of local agriculture and/or food procurement issues is desired
* Website/social media/online/digital experience
* Communication experience is an asset
* Experience in working as part of a project team
* 2+ years experience
This position is a 10-month internship position ending on March 31, 2012. Salary is $2,000 per month. A benefits package is not included. Position potentially renewable depending on funding.
Please send a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications for this position by Friday, June 3 to Office Manager, Alla Kalaida.
Or by post:
Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Attention: Alla Kalaida
68 Scollard Street, Suite 201
Toronto, Ontario M5R 1G2