On your mark… Get Set… Meander. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to explore the Greenbelt on two wheels… or three or four as tricycles and training wheels are welcome at this family-friendly event.
Tour de Greenbelt is a cycling event for all ages and skill levels. You can choose your distance, riding as little and 1k and up to 55k. Each route allows for scenic stops at natural attractions, farms and vineyards in the Greenbelt and riders are encouraged to enjoy the ride as well as the countryside and experiences along the way. Each day concludes with a BBQ using locally grown food with live entertainment and kids activities.
Visit www.tourdegreenbelt.ca for more information and to register.
Saturday, September 11th and Sunday, September 12th – St. Catharines/Niagara
- Car-free cycling zone for families through the Henry of Pelham.
- "Dirty Hands" activity for kids - they even get to take a plant home for free!
- Wine for adults, grape juice for the kiddies.
- Want a challange? cycle the escarpment on our 55k route!
- Relaxing meander routes through countryside and vinyards - with many markets to stop at along the way.
- Check out beautiful Ball's Falls
- Step back in time at Jordan Village
- Hands-on with horses, pigs and hayrides at Uncle Porky's Pork Farm
Saturday, September 25th – York Region/Newmarket
- Families can coast along the scenic Nokiidaa Trail, this year's "Trail for Tots"
- Cool off at Musselman Lake & Cedar Beach.
- Try out being a farmer for a day at Trapper Bob Farm - where you can pick your own triple sweet corn.
Sunday, September 26th – Durham Region/Uxbridge
- Cycling through the Trail Capital of Canada - Uxbridge!
- No-car zone rides for families with small children at Elgin Park
- Cooper's CSA & Maize - get lost in their gigantic corn maze!
- Pick your own apples at Siloam Orchards.