Are you passionate about engaging the public on environmental issues? Do you have the social media and digital savvy to make an impact at an organizational level? Ready to make a difference by connecting with people online and on the ground?
If you're looking to work with a great team for a good cause, this might just be the career move for you!
The Greenbelt Foundation is the only independent, charitable organization solely dedicated to ensuring Ontario’s Greenbelt remains permanent, protected, and prosperous. By making the right investments in its interconnected natural, agricultural, and economic systems, the Foundation fosters a working, thriving Greenbelt for all.
Scope of Work:
The Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications and will work closely with other Foundation team members to:
- Assist in creating and building a culture of engagement and public support for the Greenbelt, working closely with members of the Communications Team
- Coordinate with various departments and staff to generate high quality content in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining the organization’s brand and tone
- Inform and execute on the Foundation’s digital strategy, including:
- Ensuring the Foundation’s website is up to date,
- Managing all social media assets, including paid promotions
- Monitoring and reporting on web and social analytics
- Refining and monitoring Google Ad Words
- Creating and disseminating monthly newsletter
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date content calendar and manage our digital publishing workflow to ensure that all relevant content is disseminated in an intentional and effective manner
- Managing photo and video content
- Engage with and respond to the public on issues related to the Greenbelt online
- Stay up-to-date with online conversations and influencers relevant to the work of the Foundation and monitor web and social media analytics on issues related to the Greenbelt to improve online engagement and increase public support
- Help with other duties in the Communications department and across the Foundation as required, including on-the-ground support at community events
- Conduct all other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge in the use of social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Knowledge in the use website analytics and social media management software
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Competency in HTML, web content management systems (CMS), and CSS is a must; Knowledge of Liquid will be considered an asset
- Experience with NationBuilder as both a website content management system (CMS) and (client relationship management) CRM tool
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs
- Superior project management skills
- Knowledge of land use planning, environmental, and/or agricultural issues will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive planning, organization, problem solving, coordination and negotiation skills
- Self-starter, energetic team member with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
- A valid driver’s license
- A good sense of humour
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Greenbelt Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Applications should be received no later than January 3, 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Interviews for successful candidates will be held in Toronto.
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position, and salary expectations through our online recruitment portal, which can be accessed through the following link: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/greenbelt/14540
The Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.