JUNE 25, 2019 - APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
Are you passionate about engaging the public on environmental issues? Do you have the social media savvy to make an impact at an organizational level? Ready to make a difference by connecting with people online and on the ground?
If you're looking to work with a great team for a good cause, this might just be the career move for you!
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation supports work to protect and restore our natural environment, strengthen the agricultural sector, and create a pattern of urban settlement that supports the Greenbelt.
Scope of Work:
- The Engagement and Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Director, Engagement and Digital Strategy and will work closely with other Foundation team members to:
- Assist in creating and building a culture of engagement and public support for the Greenbelt, working closely with the Director, Engagement and Digital Strategy
- Coordinate with various departments and staff to generate high quality content in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining the organization’s brand and tone
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date Editorial Calendar and manage our digital publishing workflow to ensure that all relevant content is disseminated in an intentional and effective manner
- Provide leadership to the project team tasked with delivering a major re-design of the Foundation’s flagship website: www.greenbelt.ca
- Ensure the Foundation’s website is up to date, manage all social media assets, create and disseminate monthly newsletter
- Engage with and respond to the public on issues related to the Greenbelt online
- Stay up-to-date with online conversations and influencers relevant to the work of the Foundation and monitor web and social media analytics to improve online engagement and increase public support
- Shoot and edit video content and adapt graphical elements for online assets
- Help with other duties in Communications department and across the Foundation as required, including on-the-ground support at community events
- Conduct all other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Experience generating and disseminating content on behalf of an organization
- Computer skills including website CMS’s, HTML literacy, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with NationBuilder as both a website content management system (CMS) and (client relationship management) CRM tool
- Competency in HTML and CSS is a must; Knowledge of Liquid will be considered an asset
- Knowledge in the use of social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootesuite
- Knowledge in the use website analytics and social media management software will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of land use planning, environmental, and/or agricultural issues will be considered an asset
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive planning, organization, problem solving, coordination and negotiation skills
- Self-starter, energetic team member
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
- A valid driver’s license
- A good sense of humour
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Applications should be received no later than June 23, 2019.
Interviews for successful candidates will be held in Toronto. Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position, and salary expectations through our online recruitment portal, which can be accessed through the following link: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/greenbelt/11661
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.