Position: Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper Job # 517235
Type: Part-time position
Organization: Greenbelt Fund
The Greenbelt Fund has a part-time Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper position available in the Operations team. The required number of hours will vary depending on experience, but the estimated range is up to 32 hours per week, ideally spread over 4 weekdays.
We invite applications, including hourly rate expectations, from qualified candidates by 10:00 AM on April 22nd, 2015.
Scope of Work:
The Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper will report to the Senior Accountant and work closely with a guiding team that includes the CEO and Management at our sister organization, the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver and an effective communicator who can help streamline accounting functions and support the overall operations of the Greenbelt Fund, including assisting staff to help them follow the policies and procedures of the Fund.
The Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper will execute the following activities, and any other activities required to ensure quality bookkeeping and record keeping:
- Maintain superb financial records in QuickBooks
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Work with internal staff to collect, identify, track, and report back on expenditures according to our internal tracking system
- Prepare journal entries
- General ledger operations
- Classify expenses & prepare cheques
- Assist with payroll administration
- Banking, including monitoring and resolving bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Account, bank, MasterCard, and petty cash reconciliations
- Closings and preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, and design of new reports as necessary
- Manage everything from depreciation, to adjustments, to HST rebates, EHT, taxable benefits, and T4 Statements
- Lead the archiving of all appropriate files – from estimates to contracts to financial documents
- Grant file contract and financial management
- Lead or assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process; work with the Auditor during their annual audit
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Keep reconciliation records, and quality records for all bookkeeping and accounting files
In addition, the Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper agrees to perform all other duties as assigned by the CEO and the Senior Accountant for the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks (power user)
- Excellent leadership, creative problem solving, and research skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to keep client matters strictly confidential
- At least 5 years of senior bookkeeping experience in Ontario, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports
- Working knowledge of Ontario taxation, reporting, and regulatory requirements
- CGA or other accounting designation is desirable, but not mandatory
- Experience working independently and/or for small size firms is an asset
- Experience working with not-for-profits and charities is desired
Location: This position will be based in Toronto and / or Milton, with periodic travel inside Ontario required.
Please send a covering letter and resume outlining your interest, qualifications, and hourly rate expectations for this position by 10:00 AM on April 22, 2015.
Via email: email@example.com with Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper Job # 517235 in the Subject Field.
Or by post:
661 Yonge Street, Suite 500
No phone calls please.