POSITION OVERVIEW: The Research and Policy Analyst provides research and analytical support to the Vice President, Research and Policy, and works in close collaboration with the Research Manager, as well as staff of the grants and communications teams.
Duration: Permanent Position
Hours/Weeks: 40 hrs. (5 days/wk.)
Compensation: Salary range is $38,000 to $44,000, commensurate with experience and includes vacation and health benefits.
Conduct research and analysis, using qualitative and quantitative data as necessary
- Prepare and/or edit briefing notes, correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Develop terms of reference for externally conducted research studies
- Consult with agricultural organizations, NGOs, community-based groups, conservation authorities, universities, industry associations, municipal and provincial staff, and other organizations
- Organize roundtable discussions, workshops and other stakeholder events
- Collaborate with the communications team in fact checking, and in the publishing of reports, as well as developing informational backgrounders, blogs, and other supporting materials
- Represent the Foundation at the Golden Horseshoe Food and Farming Alliance Working Group
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, including working knowledge of qualitative research methodologies and quantitative statistical techniques
- Understanding of Ontario’s land use planning system, agriculture, and/or rural economy
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including capacity to communicate scientific or other data and information to the public and different audiences
- Well-developed organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations
- Working computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar presentation software
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ license
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting. Salary range is $38,000 to $44,000, commensurate with experience and includes vacation and health benefits. The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
TO APPLY: Applications should be received no later than October 15, 2018.
Interviews for successful candidates will be held in Toronto. Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position, and salary expectations through our online recruitment portal, which can be accessed through the Apply Button.
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.
About the Greenbelt and Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Ontario’s Greenbelt is an area of permanently protected landscape of prime farmland and natural systems, as well as vibrant communities. It surrounds the Golden Horseshoe, and is vital to the quality of life in southern Ontario.
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is a charitable organization, focused on supporting activities that preserve and enhance the agricultural, rural and environmental integrity of Ontario’s Greenbelt.
The Foundation undertakes or funds research and analysis to:
- develop better understanding of the implementation of the Greenbelt Plan and related policies such as the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe;
- identify possible changes to policies and/or their implementation; and,
- contribute to increasing understanding of the Greenbelt, its agricultural, water and natural systems, and rural economy.