Are you looking to get a head start in your communications career? The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation has a contract for a one-year Communications Assistant available and invites applications from qualified candidates by October 7th, 2013.
Ontario’s Greenbelt is the solution for clean air, fresh water and healthy local food. At 1.8 million acres, it is the world’s largest greenbelt preserving productive farmland, forests, and wetlands from urban development.
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation supports work to protect and restore our natural environment, strengthen the agricultural sector, and create a pattern of urban settlement that supports the Greenbelt.
Scope of Work:
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Communications, the CEO and other Foundation team members to:
- Draft news releases, blogs and other written content as required
- Draft and post social media content over Twitter and Facebook
- Monitor, distribute and analyze media clippings
- Plan and run events for the Foundation including research, mailings, signage, invitations, etc.
- Support the building and maintenance of media, public and stakeholder contacts using an advance contact management and public engagement system
- Assist in creating and distributing Foundation educational and communication materials
- Coordinate the communications team including setting meetings and preparing agendas and minutes
- Help with other duties in Communications department and across the Foundation as required
The successful candidate will be a recent university graduate with:
- An understanding of land use planning, environmental, and/or agricultural issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work to deadline
- Working knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Effective presentation skills and comfort interacting with the public
- Experience working as a team player, yet independently motivated
- Experience and knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) will be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license
- A great sense of humour
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position to:
Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Email: info [at] greenbelt.ca
Subject: Communications Assistant Position