Do you love local food? Are you always on the search for a restaurant that serves of local? Do you pine for the first tomato of the season? This job may just be what you have been looking for. Come immerse yourself in local and help in building a robust fresh local food value chain with the innovative new site, Ontariofresh.ca.
Position: Ontariofresh.ca Project Assistant www.ontariofresh.ca
Type: 12-month paid internship
Organization: Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation has a 12-month internship available in the communications team to work on the Ontariofresh.ca project. We invite applications from qualified candidates by May 21, 2012.
The position will focus on the Ontariofresh.ca project - an Ontario-wide online marketplace and business-to-business website for Ontario growers/producers and buyers, which launched in its beta version in November 2011. Ontariofresh.ca is a valuable tool to help producers and processors of all sizes access new local markets and to make it easier for buyers from chefs to institutions to source Ontario ingredients. The website, which currently has approximately 1200 registered users, will be transitioning from its beta to final form in the summer of 2012.
Scope of Work
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Grants, the Communications Manager, the CEO and other Foundation team members. Responsibilities include:
• Take a leadership role with ongoing outreach to growers/producers, agricultural associations, grantee partners (attendance at events and some evening/weekend work may be required)
• Co-ordinate attendance and/or make presentations at a variety of events, conferences, and tradeshows around the province
• Conduct research to identify additional stakeholders for inclusion on Ontariofresh.ca
• Update and implement the social media strategy including engaging with existing and potential Ontariofresh.ca users on facebook and twitter.
• Manage News and Resources content on the site including co-ordinating bloggers and contributors, editing contributions, sourcing relevant content, and writing blog posts and other content as necessary.
• Organize regular meetings with web design company and other suppliers/partners, travel (if required), etc.
• Organize meetings of the Ontariofresh.ca Advisory Committee and other stakeholder groups
• Take notes during meetings and transcribe them for the project team and/or project stakeholders
• Assist with activities to evaluate the success of Ontariofresh.ca including potentially managing student interns or volunteers and collaborating with the Director of Research
• Provide technical support and ongoing customer service to Ontariofresh.ca users
• Assist with developing communications and marketing materials for the site
• Assist with grant-writing and other activities to support the long-term financial goals of Ontariofresh.ca
• Provide general clerical assistance (typing, photocopying, etc) as required
• Conduct all other duties as directed by the CEO or the Communications Manager
The successful candidate will be a recent university graduate with:
• 2+ years experience
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Outreach experience and good public communication skills
• Website/social media/online/digital experience
• Experience in working as part of a project team
• Knowledge of local agriculture and/or food procurement issues is strongly desired
• Good customer service or technical support skills are an asset
• Marketing and communication experience is an asset
• A valid drivers' license is required
This position is a 12-month internship position ending on June 19, 2013. Salary is $2,000 per month. A benefits package is not included.
Please send a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications for this position by Monday, May 21 to:
Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Attention: Bertha Kaupukwa
661 Yonge Street, Suite 500
Toronto ON M4Y 1Z9
Or via email at: