Are you passionate about telling stories and engaging the public on environmental, agricultural, and planning issues? We are looking for an individual to provide communications and engagement advisory services on a fee for service basis (contractor).
The Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation is focused on making the right investments in the interconnected natural, hydrological, and economic systems that Ontario's Greenbelt protects. By ensuring continuous, progressive investment in the Greenbelt, the Foundation nurtures a living, thriving Greenbelt for all to enjoy.
The Communications and Engagement Advisor will provide the following services:
- Assist in creating and building a culture of engagement and public support for the Greenbelt, working closely with members of the Communications Team
- Coordinate with various departments and staff to generate high quality content in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining the organization’s brand and tone
- Inform and execute on the Foundation’s digital strategy, including:
- Ensuring the Foundation’s website is up to date,
- Managing all social media assets, including paid promotions
- Create digital and print assets including but not limited to: video and photo content, marketing collateral, report and document design, and other.
- Monitoring and reporting on web and social analytics
- Refining and monitoring Google Ad Words
- Creating and disseminating monthly newsletter
- Assist with the Greenbelt Foundation media relations, urgent issues, and message matrix development, and contribute to the management of broader communications initiatives, including strategic planning, public launches, and campaign execution.
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date content calendar and manage our digital publishing workflow to ensure that all relevant content is disseminated in an intentional and effective manner.
- Coordinate and support event planning and execution.
- Support and contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive donor engagement plan, which supports the Foundation in reaching its fundraising goals
- Support the implementation of donor stewardship and recognition activities across all Foundation departments.
- Work with our strategy team to develop campaigns to recruit, educate, and activate supporters.
- Maintain accurate data and plans for donor relations and stewardship activities
- Managing photo and video content
- Engage with and respond to the public on issues related to the Greenbelt online
- Help with other duties in the Communications department and across the Foundation as required
- Conduct all other services as needed
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in writing and editing communications materials for multiple platforms
- Strong writing skills – demonstrated experience producing high-quality writing for a range of audiences with minimal revision.
- Strong video production and editing skills - demonstrated experience producing high-quality writing for a range of audiences with minimal revision.
- Strong editing and proof-reading skills.
- Media relations experience – passion for news media and understanding of the contemporary news landscape.
- Fundraising communications experience including donor stewardship.
- Experience in project management with a commitment to owning and leading projects to ensure success. Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Strong relationship management skills to work with various Foundation departments, partners and vendors.
- Working knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Accreditation from the Canadian Public Relations Society or International Association of Business Communicators is an asset.
- Experience with agricultural, environmental and land use policies will be considered an asset.
Compensation: Contractor (Fee for Service)
Location: Downtown Toronto, easily accessible by public transportation. Depending on public health measures, may work from home or hybrid between home and office.
Applications should be received no later than Tuesday, March 10, 2022. This is a contract position available immediately – approximately 3-5 days a week. Work will primarily be conducted virtually although in-person work will be required. Remuneration commensurate with education and experience, between $25-$30/hour
To apply for this contract position, submit a cover letter and resume here.
The Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.