Are you passionate about fundraising and environmental issues? If you're looking to work with a great team for a good cause, this might just be the career move for you!
The Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation is focused on making the right investments in the interconnected natural, hydrological and economic systems that Ontario's Greenbelt protects. By ensuring continuous, progressive investment in the Greenbelt, the Foundation nurtures a living, thriving Greenbelt for all to enjoy.
Development & Partnership Officer
The Development & Partnership Officer will work across the Foundation’s departments and reports to the Director of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
Development (60% time allocation)
· Prepare funding applications, proposals and letters of intent
· Assist in the development of an annual fundraising plans and implementation
· Support implementation of multi-channel campaigns across the donor journey including acquisition, retention, upgrading, annual giving, digital, mid-level, monthly, legacy/planned giving and major gifts.
· Track, measure and analyze fundraising and communication results
· Help solicit and secure corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving
· Oversee execution of direct mail and digital campaigns
· Actively build and manage a portfolio of legacy prospects
· Assist in all aspects of event promotion, organization, execution and marketing
· Surveying our programs and upcoming initiatives for alignment with fundraising calls.
· Develop and implement event and volunteer recruitment plans that attract a diverse pool of volunteers/donors
· Manage the design and content development for Donor Journey & Stewardship plans
- Work with the Director of Development to coordinate stewardship program
- Support the creation of a successful system of tracking moves management
- Oversee the donation acceptance, recognition and fulfillment process including maintenance of donation records, the gift administration of all contributions, official tax receipts, and letters of thanks that ensure CRA compliance
- Prepare relevant donor Stewardship Reports
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for fundraising meetings
- Identify and evaluate potential prospects using multiple sources
- Develop profiles and briefing notes for major gift and corporate prospects, including cultivation and stewardship events
- Track and manage multi-channel prospect generation
Partner & Public Engagement (40% time allocation)
· In collaboration with Director of Communications help deliver on Engagement strategies according to Working Landscapes & Resilient Communities mandate
· Prepare and coordinate supporter content for Greenbelt Foundation Website
· Develop a plan to translate information from grantees into sharable content
· Facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
· Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
· Help with other duties as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Post-secondary education or combination of education and work experience
· 2-3-years of experience in a Fundraising and/or Marketing role
· Experience in writing proposals and other persuasive documents
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly organized, detailed oriented, with excellent time management skills
· Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· High level of proficiency in Adobe InDesign, MS Suite and CRM’s ideally Nation Builder
· Experience using virtual event platforms such as Zoom, and other virtual conference platforms, familiarity with WordPress, and social media platforms
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting with COVID 19 exceptions for working from home. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Greenbelt Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume through our online portal here. Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis.