Now Hiring: Project Coordinator - Greenbelt Fund
The Greenbelt Fund, a non-profit organization, supports and enhances the viability, integrity, and sustainability of agriculture in Ontario and Ontario’s Greenbelt. It delivers support to farmers and local food leaders along the supply chain to ensure more of the good things that grow in Ontario are being served and distributed through our public institutions, retail, and foodservice markets. Helping to overcome challenges and support economic growth, the Fund’s goal is to create systemic change to permanently increase the amount of local food consumed in the province through grants, education, policy, and networking initiatives. The Fund is not currently making any grants, but continues to actively engage with stakeholders, including by organizing local food value chain workshops and participating in various events and networks, as well as conducting research, and promoting awareness and understanding of local food and agricultural issues.
The part-time Program Coordinator will work largely on Ontariofresh.ca - a tool that helps growers and processors of all sizes to directly access consumers and make it easy for consumers as well as businesses to source Ontario products. The Greenbelt Fund is releasing an upgraded Ontariofresh.ca platform in February of 2021 that expands beyond the current business-to-business platform to include a business-to-consumer service. Working collaboratively with the Manager of Information Technology, the Program Coordinator will ensure the successful completion and launch of Ontariofresh.ca, and report to the Vice President, Strategy and Programs.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement an outreach and onboarding plan for the new business-to-consumer platform, including current ONF members and new users. This will include:
- Engaging with project partners, in particular the Ontario Federation of Agriculture and Meat and Poultry Ontario, to ensure successful onboarding of their members
- Reviewing and vetting new user profiles
- Provide customer service and technical support to Ontariofresh.ca users, documenting issues and liaising with the developer as needed
- Participate in weekly meetings with technology partner to provide:
- Feedback on functional and design elements as needed
- Ongoing quality assurance (QA) of the platform
- With input and direction from the Communications team on messaging and narrative development, inform and execute on the Fund’s digital strategy, including:
- Ensure the Fund and OntarioFresh.ca websites are up-to-date
- Manage social media assets including paid promotions, including developing and posting social media content
- Monitor and report on web and social analytics
- Create and disseminate quarterly newsletter and e-blasts
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date content calendar and manage digital publishing workflow to ensure that all relevant content is disseminated in an intentional and effective manner
- Manage photo and video content for site
- Lead and/or assist Communications colleague with the creation and dissemination of marketing materials including, how-to videos and membership profiles
- Respond to email inquiries to the Greenbelt Fund and ONF
- Monitor web and social media analytics on issues related to the Greenbelt Fund to improve online engagement and increase public support
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong customer service and/or communications experience
- Experience working with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software or similar databases
- Knowledge of / interest in Ontario agriculture and local food systems
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including comfort working with varied stakeholders
- High degree of attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- An open, helpful approach to problem solving
- An energetic team member who can take initiative and work independently
This is a part-time contract position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Greenbelt Fund is an equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Applications should be received no later than January 8, 2021.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume through our online portal.
The Greenbelt Fund thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.