Are you passionate about research, agriculture, planning and environmental issues? If you're looking to work with a great team for a good cause, this might just be the career move for you!
The Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation is focused on making the right investments in the interconnected natural, hydrological and economic systems that Ontario's Greenbelt protects. By ensuring continuous, progressive investment in the Greenbelt, the Foundation nurtures a living, thriving Greenbelt for all to enjoy.
Position: Research & Policy Analyst
Duration: Permanent Position
Hours/Weeks: 40 hrs. (5 days/wk.)
The Foundation undertakes or funds research and analysis to:
- develop better understanding of the implementation of the Greenbelt Plan and related policies such as the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe;
- identify possible changes to policies and/or their implementation; and,
- contribute to increasing understanding of the Greenbelt, its agricultural, water and natural systems, and rural economy.
The Research and Policy Analyst provides research and analytical support to the Director, Research and Policy, and works in close collaboration with staff of the grants and communications teams.
Conduct research and analysis, using qualitative and quantitative data as necessary
- Project manage research projects: vendor selection, project oversight, reviewing materials
- Prepare and/or edit briefing notes, correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Develop terms of reference for externally conducted research studies
- Consult with agricultural organizations, NGOs, community-based groups, conservation authorities, universities, industry associations, municipal and provincial staff, and other organizations
- Organize roundtable discussions, workshops and other stakeholder events
- Collaborate with the communications team in fact checking, and in the publishing of reports, as well as developing informational backgrounders, blogs, and other supporting materials
- Represent the Foundation at the Golden Horseshoe Food and Farming Alliance Working Group
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, including working knowledge of qualitative research methodologies and quantitative statistical techniques
- Understanding of one or more of the following: Ontario’s land use planning system, agriculture & farming, rural economy, natural heritage systems, nature-based solutions to climate change
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including capacity to communicate scientific or other data and information to the public and different audiences
- Well-developed organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations
- Working computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar presentation software. GIS mapping capacity is an advantage.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ license
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting with COVID 19 exceptions for working from home. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Greenbelt Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Applications should be received no later than 3rd September 2021.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume through our online portal.
The Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.