Are you passionate about supporting charities and non-profits who are helping to sustain Ontario’s Greenbelt - protecting its environmental, agricultural, and cultural landscapes and social benefits? If you are looking to work with a great team for a good cause, this might just be the career move for you!
The Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. With the support of the Province of Ontario, in addition to its grants program which supports community and sector capacity, the Foundation undertakes evidence-based research and policy work, strategic programs and promotes the Greenbelt and engages the public and stakeholders. By ensuring continuous, progressive investment in the Greenbelt, the Foundation nurtures a living, thriving Greenbelt for all to enjoy.
Position: Senior Advisor, Social and Digital Media
Duration: Contract Position (Minimum 12 months)
Hours/Weeks: 40 hrs. (5 days/wk)
The Senior Advisor, Social and Digital Media is a key member of the communications team, reporting to the Communications lead. The Senior Advisor, Social and Digital Media will primarily support the Foundation’s social media content production, as well as other digital projects and campaigns. This individual will also convene meetings and other activities to facilitate knowledge transfer among grantees, stakeholders, and work closely with the Foundation’s staff. This position may also support specific program analysis and management activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead conceptualization and content development for social media and digital campaigns, events, and launches
· Ongoing social media posts: copy, visuals, queueing posts and calendar management
· Production of social, campaign, and special project videos
· Design and content support for reports and stakeholder documents
· Manage vendors (videographers, photographers)
· Lead the development of external videos with vendors
· Update/upload digital asset/visual archiving system
· Visual content support to grantees, including cross promotion kits
· Ongoing photography and videography support
· Supporting the Foundation’s website content on an ongoing basis
· Design work as needed
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contribute content to monthly and annual reports
· Partner/stakeholder engagement and management
· Support the Communications Team led Foundation events
· Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications / Competencies
· Previous experience in design experience and using Adobe Design Suite
· Experience in web design and development
· Understanding of social media and types of content that drive engagement
· Knowledge in photography and videography
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Well-developed organizational skills with attention to detail
· Experience applying analytical skills in both written and evaluative activities
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Evidence managing stakeholder relations and rights holder engagement
· Ability to apply ethical judgment and manage confidential information
· Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Education background or experience in social media, web design, or content creation
· General understanding of the Greenbelt or sustainable communities including, natural heritage systems, nature-based solutions to climate change, sustainable agriculture and local food systems, recreation and tourism and cultural heritage a benefit
· Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Our organization is currently operating on a hybrid work model with virtual and in-office work, based on demands of specific work tasks and/or departmental meetings.
The Greenbelt Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer, and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Foundation is also committed to providing an accessible workplace. For individuals with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request. Should
you require accommodation at any stage of the selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Applications should be received no later than November 24, 2023. To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume through our online portal.
The Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.