Visit www.harvestpicnic.ca for details on the artists and activities. Check out photos from 2011’s Greenbelt Harvest Picnic on our Pinboard.
How to Enter, Rules, and Regulations
No purchase necessary. Contest begins on July 20, 2012 (12:00 p.m. EST) and ends on August 20, 2012 (11:59 p.m. EST). All photos must be posted to the Greenbelt Harvest Picnic 2012 board on your Pinterest account AND your Greenbelt Pinboard submitted to email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on August 20, 2012, after which time the deadline for submitting your Greenbelt Pinboard to firstname.lastname@example.org will be closed.
To enter the contest:
- Set up a Pinterest account (it’s free), if you do not already have one. If you have a Pinterest account, then use it.
- On your Pinterest account create a “Greenbelt Pinboard.” Named: Greenbelt Harvest Picnic 2012 and include your name.
- Post your original photos of Ontario’s Greenbelt on your Greenbelt Harvest Picnic 2012 board. You must post at least 15 photos on your Greenbelt Pinboard.
- Submit your Greenbelt Pinboard by emailing to email@example.com a link to your completed Greenbelt Pinboard, together with your full name, email address, mailing address (including city, province and postal code) and your daytime telephone number.
Eligibility: The contest is open to legal residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older.
Your Greenbelt Pinboard must include “GREENBELT HARVEST PICNIC 2012” in the title and first name and last initial. All photos must:
- be original to you (that is, they must be your own creation)
- not be offensive, defamatory, violent, cruel or contain vulgar or profane images, as determined by the judges
- not contain any copyrighted or trademarked elements other than elements owned by you. Use of any copyrighted or trademarked elements owned by a third party without that third party’s permission will result in disqualification of a submission. If a photo contains any third party content, then you must have permission from that third party. Third party content includes, but is not limited to, trademarks, brands, logos, images, visual designs and/or images that are not your property
Judging and Selection of Winners: All eligible submissions will be judged by a panel consisting of employees of Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation. Judging of the submissions and the selection of the winners will occur during the week of August 20, 2012. The judges will select one first place winner, one second place winner and one third place winner. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible submissions received. The decision of the contest judges is final and without appeal in respect of any matter relating to this contest.
Prizes: First place winner will receive 4 tickets to the Greenbelt Harvest Picnic (valued at: $278.00 + Ticketmaster fees); second place winner will receive 2 tickets to the Greenbelt Harvest Picnic (valued at: $139.00 + Ticketmaster fees); and third place winner will receive 1 ticket to the Greenbelt Harvest Picnic (valued at: $69.50 + Ticketmaster fees).
Awarding of Prizes: Following the close of the contest and prior to August 24, 2012, the winners will be contacted at the phone number provided at the time that they submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org the link to their completed Greenbelt Pinboard during regular business hours (Eastern Daylight Time). If the person selected as a winner cannot be reached within one business day from the time of initial contact, an alternative submission may be selected until such time as a selected person satisfies the terms of this selection. Before the potential winner is declared an official winner by the contest judges, the potential winner must: (i) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical, skill-testing question administered by telephone; (ii) be in compliance with the rules for the contest; and (iii) fully complete, properly sign and return sign a standard release document confirming compliance with and agreement to be bound by the contest rules, release of Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation (the “Foundation”) and its directors, officers and employees from any and all liability, and acceptance of the prize as awarded within five days after receipt.
Grant of Licence: By submitting any photograph to the contest, you grant to the Foundation a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, adapt, modify, transmit, communicate, publicly display and distribute the photograph to promote the contest and/or for non-commercial use.
General Rules and Regulations: By entering the contest, you consent to the possible use of your name and address (place only) without payment or compensation, in any publicity or advertising in any medium carried out by the Foundation.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest organizers, which are final.
The Foundation, together with its directors, officers and employees, shall not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this contest or the prizes awarded, including but not limited to:
- lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries which will be ineligible;
- failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, omissions, lost/delayed/garbled data, transmission failure, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, servers, or software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or if the Foundation’s email/website portal is compromised by virus, bugs, unauthorized human or unauthorized non-human intervention or any other online communication problems or any combination of the foregoing;
- printing or typographical errors in any contest related material or human error; or
- any injury or damage to your computer or any other persons’ computer system(s) due to viruses or otherwise or breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computers.
The Foundation does not warrant that access to or use of the contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The Foundation reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or suspend the contest, in its sole discretion, if any technical or other problems prevent the fair or proper administration of the on-line portion of the contest and if the Foundation does so, in its sole discretion, it further reserves the right when terminating the on-line portion of the contest to conduct the judging of, and the awarding of prizes for, those valid entries previously received during the contest period. The Foundation will have no liability whatsoever if for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned due to technical problems, including due to computer virus, bugs, unauthorized tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes.
The Foundation reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify your participation in the contest and to determine your entries of photos to be ineligible, if you enter this contest or try to do so by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means. The photos on your Greenbelt Pinboard (or on any other Greenbelt Pinboard submitted as part of this contest) that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified or altered are void.
A prize winner’s refusal or inability to accept the prize awarded shall release the Foundation from all obligations arising from this contest. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner by random draw from among all remaining eligible contest entries.