Are you a smart and ambitious self-starter with communications experience and great problem-solving skills looking to take your career to the next level? If so, the Greenbelt Fund has a contract position available in the Communications team to work on the Ontariofresh.ca program that will conclude March 2015. We invite applications from qualified candidates by December 3rd, 2013.
The Greenbelt Fund and Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation are non-profit organizations created to support Ontario's Greenbelt. The organizations fund projects that strengthen the viability and sustainability of agriculture and create a richer, greener and more robust Greenbelt. To do this, they work in partnership with government, industry and NGOs.
Specifically, the Fund works to increase the amount of Ontario food purchased by hospitals, long term care homes, universities, colleges, school boards and other broader public sector institutions. The Foundation works to preserve and enhance the Greenbelt - its farms, green spaces and communities, and engage communities in the upcoming 2015 review of the Greenbelt Plan.
This position will focus on the Ontariofresh.ca project - an online network and marketing service designed to help Ontario businesses buy and sell wholesale local food. Ontariofresh.ca is a valuable tool to help producers and processors of all sizes access new local markets and to make it easier for buyers from chefs to public sector institutions to source Ontario ingredients.
Scope of Work
The successful candidate will work closely with the Communications Director, the Communications and Program Manager, the CEO and other team members. Responsibilities include:
- Take a leadership role for outreach and recruitment of buyers and sellers of Ontario food for inclusion onOntariofresh.ca, including agricultural associations, commodity groups, grantee partners and more
- Co-ordinate attendance and/or make presentations at a variety of events, conferences, and tradeshows around the province (some evening/weekend work may be required)
- Plan and execute a social media strategy including engaging with existing and potential Ontariofresh.ca users on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Coordinate News, Resources and Advertising content on the site including external bloggers and contributors, editing contributions, and sourcing relevant content, and writing blog posts.
- Write blog posts, the monthly newsletter, and assist in the drafting of media materials
- Plan and coordinate industry consultations and promotional/networking events
- Organize meetings of the Ontariofresh.ca Advisory Committee and other stakeholder groups
- Manage activities to evaluate the success of Ontariofresh.ca
- Manage relationships with web developers and consultants
- Provide technical support and ongoing customer service to Ontariofresh.ca users
- Assist with grant reporting and other activities to support the long-term financial goals of Ontariofresh.ca
- Assist with the design, development and dissemination of marketing materials
- Conduct all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate with:
- Communications and outreach experience
- Proven project management experience
- Strong website maintenance / social media / online communications experience
- Experience in working as part of a project team
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Good customer service and technical support skills will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario agriculture and/or food procurement issues will be considered an asset
- A valid drivers’ license is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Self-starter, energetic team member
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- A sense of humour
The Program Coordinator reports to the Fund’s Communications and Program Manager but will be required to work closely with the Communications Director. This is a contract position that will conclude March 2015. This position will be based in Toronto; however some travel will be required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send all applications to the attention of the Communications and Program Manager, Megan Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the job title in the subject line.
Application deadline is 5pm December 3rd, 2013.
We will only be contacting applicants we wish to interview.