Do you have a passion for online communications? Are you social media savvy with a keen mind for traditional and emerging online platforms? Do you excel in a friendly, quick-paced and team oriented learning environment? The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is looking for a full-time Digital Media Assistant to join the team!
Ontario’s Greenbelt is the solution for clean air, fresh water and healthy local food. At almost 2 million acres, it is the world’s largest greenbelt preserving productive farmland, forests, and wetlands from urban development.
The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation supports work to protect and restore our natural environment, strengthen the agricultural sector, and create a pattern of urban settlement that supports the Greenbelt.
Scope of Work:
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Public Affairs, the CEO and other Foundation team members to:
- Draft content and publish monthly newsletter, as well as blogs and other forms of online content
- Draft emails, invitations, blogs and other written content to supporters and potential supporters
- Monitor and provide weekly/monthly/annual reports on digital campaigns including email and e-newsletter distribution, open rates, bounce rate, customer satisfaction indicators.
- Manage and create digital media content for web purposes (websites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Maintain and enhance Greenbelt.ca website
- Integrate and manage social media tools, grow and manage online communities
- Coordinate with departments on production of online content
- Adaption and creation of graphical elements for web use
- Assist in creating and building a culture of engagement and public support for the Greenbelt
- Support and/or lead the planning and execution of Foundation events and publications
- Help with other duties in Communications department and across the Foundation as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Superior command of all major social media applications including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook.
- Proficiency in coding HTML/CSS; working knowledge of Liquid a strong asset
- Experience working with an enterprise content management system, assessing and determining content, standards, and processes for website management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort interacting with the public
- Experience working as a team player, yet independently motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to work to deadline with strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience working in NationBuilder will be considered a strong asset
- Experience and knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) will be considered an asset
- A basic understanding of land use planning, environmental, and/or agricultural issues will be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license will be considered an asset, though is not mandatory
- A great sense of humour
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position no later than, July 30th, 2014 to:
Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
Subject: Digital Media Assistant Position #57855
Please note, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.