In a poll conducted by Environics Research for the Greenbelt Foundation and Environmental Defence, Ontarians were in strong support of policies to support the Growth Plan and protect farmland. 9 in 10 respondents agreed that new growth should be directed to already-built up areas.
- 88% support directing growth to already-built up areas
- 84% support local government incentives to direct growth to main streets, older commercial areas and existing built-up neighbourhoods
- 73% say developers are building too may single-family homes in suburbia and need to build a greater range and mix of housing options closer to transit and amenities
- 72% say the Province should only fund transit projects in communities with the housing and job density to support the infrastructure
- 84% say Yes in My Backyard! to midrise development on main streets if it means better transit, more shops and amenities, and more green space
Read the full results here.
Download the PDF.
Do you like this post?