Are you passionate about telling stories and engaging the public on environmental, agricultural, and planning issues? If you are looking to work with a great team for a good cause, this might just be the career move for you!
The Greenbelt Foundation is an independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining Ontario’s Greenbelt. The Foundation is focused on making the right investments in the interconnected natural, hydrological, and economic systems that Ontario's Greenbelt protects. By ensuring continuous, progressive investment in the Greenbelt, the Foundation nurtures a living, thriving Greenbelt for all to enjoy.
The Communications Intern will report to the Manager of Communications and Engagement and work closely with the Manager, Information Technology on website related issues. The Communications Intern will assist with implementing the Greenbelt Foundation Website Strategy.
The specific duties are:
- Assist with digital and community engagement activities including but not limited to website content updates, visual asset collection and archiving, and promotional material design.
- Assist with implementing re-designs for existing pages and fixing bugs
- Support website updates, migration, and the creation of content.
- Editing and performing quality assurance for web pages.
- Support digital projects including eblasts, email campaigns, segmenting contacts, and list maintenance.
- Assist with reporting and compiling web and social analytics.
- On-site and off-site assistance with special events; event planning.
- Perform research and market analysis activities.
- Perform various administrative duties and all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Current enrollment in, or recently graduated from, a university or college program specializing in digital communications, public relations, communications, journalism, or similar relevant field
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Deep understanding of web analytics, SEO, and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong editing and proof-reading skills
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting, drafting and editing
- Attention to details
- Experience in project management with a commitment to owning and leading projects to ensure success.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Strong relationship management skills to work with various Foundation departments, partners, and vendors.
- Working knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in environmental services/studies considered an asset
Hours: 25 hours per week or more if you are a recent graduate
Compensation: Paid Internship
Location: Downtown Toronto, easily accessible by public transportation
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position will be based at our Toronto office (downtown) in a typical office setting with COVID 19 exceptions for working from home. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Greenbelt Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Applications should be received no later than Friday, February 25, 2022.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume through our online portal.
The Greenbelt Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted.